Objectives / planned activities:
- To consolidate a wide Cooperation Network to develop a cultural and tourist offer based on “THE WAY TO JERUSALEM, MARITIME CULTURAL AND PILGRIMAGE ROUTES”
- To develop a research programme about the history, art and culture between the Middle Ages and the Modern Age, in order to facilitate the development of joint cultural, recreational, social, educational and tourist activities.
- To promote the conservation and dissemination of European Cultural Heritage, encouraging joint actions for its management, restoration and social development.
- To promote cultural and educational exchanges, with particular emphasis on contacts between young people of different regions and countries. Create exchange programs and cultural activities of student groups.
- To stimulate the development and circulation of actions enabling the encouragement and widespread social awareness of contemporary cultural and artistic activities among members of the Cooperation Network applying for the certification of European Cultural Route, and exchanges of this kind with other networks, especially Council of European Cultural Routes.
- To work positively on the creation of sustainable tourist products aimed at improving the quality of life of the population, creating employment, deseasonalizing tourism, improving the state of conservation of heritage by giving it specific uses in accordance with its characteristics, and ultimately, exploring the possibilities of the participant towns and regions to create a quality tourist and cultural offer. In connection with this, it is aimed to create high-quality distinctive features to facilitate the recognition of benchmark cultural and tourist destinations.
- To promote understanding and cohesion among the people of Europe, emphasising those aspects that can help to overcome religious, social and political conflicts occurring in the eventful history of Europe in the Modern Age. To work on aspects that united European society in the middle ages and the modern age (art, culture, classical view of Europe) in contrast with the religious intransigence and territorial wars at the time.