Xanthi's Chamber is a Public Law Entity established in 1956.
It is governed by a 5-member Administrative Committee and a 21-member Administrative Council. Today it counts 6.500 active members.
In order to achieve its mission, the Chamber:
The great number of festivities that take place all over the area in combination with the existence of many Byzantine churches prove the profound religious feeling of the inhabitants but also give an idea of the importance of Orthodoxy in the region.
The Byzantine church of "Panagia Kosmosotira" in Feres represents the global religious symbol of the people of Thrace all over the world and of course it is the protector saint of the region of Thrace.
At the religious museum of the Metropoli of Alexandroupoli , the visitor can find very interesting and precious exhibits, such as icons from the period of the dynasty of Palaiologoi (14th –15th century), headstone from the tomb of Isaakios Komninos (12th century), holly utensils etc.
Xanthi is located on northern Greece 220 km east of Thessalonica, On the north the prefecture of Xanthi borders with Bulgaria , On the south it is wetted by the Aegean Sea
One hour driving distance from the Turkish borders / 4 hours from Istanbul Xanthi's location at the point of junction of the Egnatia Road linking Europe and Asia and the cross roads linking the Balkan interior and the Aegean Sea is a very privileged one.This strategic position links its tradition and its potential in the future. It also shaped its identity.
The prefecture of Xanthi, which is one of the five prefectures of the wider region of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace, covers the western part of Thrace.
It borders with Kavala and Drama prefectures in the west, with Bulgaria in the north and Rodopi prefecture in the south while the Thracian sea washes
the south of the prefecture. It expands to 1,793 sq.km. and its total population rises to 102,959 people.