Xanthi's Chamber is a Public Law Entity established in 1956.
It is governed by a 5-member Administrative Committee and a 21-member Administrative Council. Today it counts 6.500 active members.
In order to achieve its mission, the Chamber:
- Protects and develops industry, craft industry, commerce and the professions.
- Provides information to producers and manufacturers about potential markets, export markets and suppliers of raw materials.
- Provides information to businessmen about development incentives and the availability of grants and subsidies on favorable terms.
- Provides advice and support to prospective investors with regard to available land, development laws, degree of sector saturation etc.
- Provides information on European funding programs.
- Participates in and realizes numerous European Programs.
- Participates in cultural and Tourism Projects and working for energy sector.
- Promote the cultural Heritage of the area
Xanthi Chamber every year realizes a number of projects funded by national
funds or directly by the EU.